- What are the career options in the field of Architecture?
Architecture as a field offer varied career opportunities. An architect can set up a practice. There are well established architectural firms all over the country where a graduate can apply. There is also a possibility of an architect entering the field of academics after completing Post Graduation. Academics will also offer the possibility of research.
There are a number of options for Post-Graduation later in the fields of Product Design, Conservation, Landscape, Environmental Design, Urban Design, Urban Planning etc.
- Why Aayojan?
Aayojan is the only institute in the country which is ‘By Architects, for Architects’. Unlike most architecture colleges in India, Aayojan was set up by a trust formed by a group of architects who sought to make first – class, industry – relevant architectural education accessible to aspiring and talented students across the country. This philosophy continues to drive the foundation and growth of both the institutes even today. At ASAD, Pune, students are offered a dedicated, nurturing environment in pristine natural settings, which is conducive to the learning of the arts, and guided and mentored by experienced faculty.
- Where is the college located?
The college is located in Warawadi (Tal. Purandar), a 30 min. drive from Chandni Chowk and 7 Km. from the Khed – Shivapur toll gate on the NH4 highway.
- What are the ways and means to reach college?
Daily College bus service is available from most major areas in Pune like Kothrud, Sinhagad road etc. for students and faculty, and for hostelites on select weekends. PMT Bus service is available till the highway exit.
- Are medical and other emergency and basic facilities available around the college?
Basic first aid and generic medication are available at college premises and hostel. Further treatment can be availed at Shreeyash Multispeciality Hospital and Shlok Hospital at Khed Shivapur (5 – 6 Km from college premises). Emergency transport is available from the college premises for the same.
- Is there a stationery store available near or within the college?
A stationery store providing basic and specialized stationery (as required for the course) is present in the college campus.
- Does the college offer Post Graduate courses as further education options?
ASAD, Pune offers a 2 – year M.Arch course in Urban Design, entry to which can be obtained after successful completion of B.Arch degree and subsequent appearance for the MH – CET examination.
- What is the procedure for admission?
Please refer to the ‘Admissions’ tab on the website for further details.
- Is there a single point contact for any queries beyond this?
The following persons can be contacted for further details or queries :
- Mr. Nilesh Deshpande (ASAD Administration Dept.) (9004017519)
- Ar.Sanjay Tasgaonkar (Faculty) (9822392951)
- What is the required percentage in 12th or in NATA for getting into Aayojan?
Eligible students have to score a minimum of 50% in 12th Exam (Science stream) and 70 marks in the NATA Examination.
- Where does one get admission forms from?
Admission process is per the DTE norms and admission forms are available at the college premises. For institutional quota, interested candidates can contact the administration department for further details.
- What is the eligibility criteria for Architecture?
Apart from the exam based eligibility criteria, sound, basic graphical skills, an inquisitive mind and an interest in the formation and modulation of the built environment will help a prospective student excel in the field.
- What is the Fee Structure at Aayojan?
Fees are to be paid online via DD/NEFT/RTGS/Cheque through the link and details provided. Fee structure is as per the Shikshan Shulk Samiti, Govt. of Maharashtra (further details can be obtained from the college administration department).
- Does the college have a hostel facility?
Yes, hostel facilities are available within the college premises (seperate for girls and boys).
- What is the capacity of the Hostel?
Currently, the hostel can house 100 students (50 : 50 ratio for boys and girls). Allotment will be done as per availability and on a first – come first – serve basis.
- Is the hostel and premises safe for the inmates, especially the girls?
Yes, as the hostel is located within the college premises with round – the clock security and has regulated entry and exit points, with separate wings for boys and girls.
- What are the facilities and amenities available in the hostel?
The following facilities are available in the hostel premises :
- 3 – occupancy rooms with attached toilet with bed and study table,
- Dedicated mess and canteen,
- Free WIFI,
- Gym facilities
- Separate Common room for boys and girls with TV,
- Solar – based hot water facility,
- Aquaguard for purified drinking water,
- Dedicated Vehicle for emergencies,
- Bus facility for city visits every fortnight,
- Common Washing machine for laundry (paid service at nominal cost)
- Active Student council conducting various dedicated events and activities at different times of the year,
- Common Sports facilities on campus.
- Is hot water available for bathing?
Yes, solar – based hot water facilities are available at the hostel premises.
- Is non-veg food served in the mess? Is the food prepared separately?
No, only vegetarian food is available in the hostel mess. Select egg – based dishes are served in the college canteen.
- Are the hostel students allowed to visit the city?
Yes, hostel students can avail the city – visit facility every fortnight or visit the city as per their discretion, but with prior permission. Gate passes have to be procured for the same from the Hostel warden and college administration.
- Does the college provide help for placements and internships?
Informal mentoring and help are provided by the faculty for deserving students regularly for placements and internships. The college administration also provides any relevant documentation required for the same. Architecture being a practice – based profession, no placement or internship drives are conducted by the college.